If there is anything that screams CELEBRATION, it’s ice cream, and July is National Ice Cream Month. You can thank Ronald Reagan for that. He declared July “National Ice Cream Month” in 1984.
So, scoop away!
July is also…
- National Independent Retailer Month (Shop at your hometown shops and stores!)
- National Blueberry Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Picnic Month
- National Parks & Recreation Month
|July 1||International Joke Day|
|July 1||Second Half of the Year Day (the 182nd day of the year)|
|July 1||Postal Worker Day (Shout out to all our snail mail carriers!)|
|July 1||Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day|
|July 4||Independence Day|
|July 4||Sidewalk Egg Frying Day|
|July 7||Chocolate Day (Isn’t this every day?)|
|July 9||Sugar Cookie Day|
|July 10||Pina Colada Day|
|July 11||Slurpee Day (FREE Slurpees at 7/11 stores!)|
|July 13||National French Fry Day|
|July 15||National Gummi Worm Day|
|July 19||Daiquiri Day|
|July 19||National Ice Cream Day (third Sunday of July)|
|July 20||Lollipop Day|
|July 20||Moon Day (Commemorate with a movie night, perhaps Apollo 13.)|
|July 24||Cousins Day|
|July 25||National Dance Day (last Saturday in July)|
|July 25||Culinarians Day|
|July 26||Aunt & Uncles Day|
|July 26||Parents’ Day (fourth Sunday in July)|
|July 29||National Lasagna Day (*see recipe below)|
|July 30||Father-in-law Day|
|July 30||International Friendship Day|
I make this lasagna that I think is kind of amazing, and it’s gluten free (Sorry dairy-free friends!). So, for National Lasagna Day, I’ve got you covered.
Gluten Free Old Fashioned Lasagna
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 box brown rice lasagna (use any lasagna noodle to make it non-Gluten Free)
- 2 (12 oz.) cartons cottage cheese
- small jar artichoke hearts (optional)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. basil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- Brown meat on stovetop slowly; add garlic, parsley, basil, salt, chopped tomatoes, and tomato sauce to the meat. Simmer uncovered about 30 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to cooking instructions.
- In separate bowl, combine cottage cheese with artichokes, eggs, pepper, basil, and parmesan.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13x2″ baking dish with noodles.
- Make lasagna layers, starting with the cheese mixture on the noodles, followed by mozzarella cheese and then the meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
What’s for dessert?
Why not serve ice cream?!
Check out our Cold Treats Pinterest board for some ice cream (and other cold treats) inspiration, including several Dairy Free options. Yay!